26 December 2005

Boxing Day Greetings from Arthur


Today is Boxing Day in Jolly Olde England. Even though I am a Welsh American, I appreciate the Queen. She has such excellent taste in canine companions.

On Boxing Day masters are supposed to give their servants presents. Most of my dog friends celebrate Christmas, because they are part of the family. For example, I got cards from Winston and Truman, my Maltese cousins in Iowa; Butch Brand, my cousin in Elmhurst; Rock Parker, a really cool guy who lives in my old neighborhood; and an email from my friend Jim. He is not a dog. All were Christmas cards, so you can easily see I am not a servant.

I don’t understand why the servant dogs don’t just pull themselves up like I did after I was sold by the breeder for $350.00. That’s quite a body blow, to be sold for only $350.00. But I would not quit until I reached the top. I spell 'luck'
'w-o-r-k'.

Quite a few cats sent us cards, too, but they can get their own blog column.

Speaking of, here’s how the freeloading dopes celebrated Christmas. First, they got catnip from management, but I happen to know that it isn’t a new package. It’s the same old cat nip she gives them on Saturday nights. Then “Santa” provided a gift from Hartz Mountain, whatever that is. It is a Wacky Mouse 3-Pack. There are 3 calico catnip fake mice with a jingle bell on the rear end. Big Whup. Since the cats can’t count, I ate two of them, and now they are fighting over the last one. Management will think they lost the other two. Ho ho ho. This is so funny.

Catnip gives you the munchies, though. I wish management knew someone who would buy her a box of Godiva chocolates. She’s too cheap to buy them herself.

3 comments:

rtalcott said...

"Luck is the residue of design."
Branch Rickey

rt

Administrator said...

Well, rt, you caught me. I DID have designs on a kept life style. Heh

****
Elaine, thank you for sharing that inteesting bit about wet cats. I'm sure it's an overstatement, but when you say you "threw the dogs out", did you mean literally? Christmas can stress bi-peds to the limit. A bottle of wine with a straw might be helpful.

Administrator said...

Wow, DaliWood,
It is just too bad that I don't live in your neighborhood, because I would have come right over to herd those two stupid cats into a corner of your back yard or up a tree outside, so you could relax. My fees are reasonable - a rib or two from your standing rib roast or a turkey leg - but I work for free in emergencies.

*******
Well, Elaine, you always sounded like an understanding liberal, and even though I am a conservative Corgi who doesn't believe in sharing, I was worried that you needed a tip on alleviating stress.